Do you want to indulge in the flavors of Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce? Yes! Scroll down for the recipe ingredients and directions. This is a pure plant-based recipe that combines soba noodles, red cabbage, carrots, and cucumber, all tossed in a creamy peanut sauce with lime and ginger. This is a quick and easy recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. You can enjoy this light dish during your busy weeknights as dinner when you don’t have enough time to cook. Or you can have it as a refreshing summer lunch. So, sharpen your culinary skills and make this healthy salad that promises to satisfy your tummy!
What are soba noodles?
What is so special about the Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce Recipe?
In case you’re curious about what soba noodles are, they’re well-known Japanese noodles that are prepared with buckwheat flour. These noodles are frequently used to make salads, stir-fries, and soups in Asian cuisine. Because buckwheat, the ingredient in soba noodles, is gluten-free and an excellent source of fiber, protein, and other minerals and vitamins, it’s a very healthful food. The salad also contains fresh vegetables, which increase its nutritional value and antioxidant content. The peanut sauce in this dish, which combines umami soy sauce with rich, creamy flavors, is the cherry on top. This unifies all the components of the flavor as a whole. Thus, remember to read our blog, where you can get all the information before trying the salad again.
Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce Recipe Ingredients
How to Make Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce Recipe
|Cooking Time – Stove
|Total Time – Oven
The primary ingredients of the Puerto Rican Sofrito from Scratch must be chopped and blended. This recipe’s preparation and cooking times can change based on how big the meal is and how well you cut, combine, and do other tasks. The components need to be chopped and prepared, which takes around 20 minutes. On the other hand, if we observe the cooking time, which includes an additional 10 minutes for the sofrito. Consequently, the entire meal can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
● In a food processor or blender, puree the natural, creamy peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce (or tamari), fresh ginger, sugar, sesame oil, and water until smooth.
● Add the peanuts last and pulse to desired chunkiness (slightly chunky is recommended).
- Boil the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked through, set aside to cool slightly, then shred the meat.
- Chop the crunchy red cabbage, carrots, cucumber, and fresh cilantro to your desired size for the salad.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions (usually boiling for a few minutes).
- Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water to stop the cooking process and cool them down.
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked and cooled soba noodles, chopped crunchy red cabbage, carrots, cucumber, and fresh cilantro.
- If using, add the shredded cooked chicken to the bowl.
- Pour the spicy peanut sauce over the salad, using enough to generously coat everything.
- Toss everything together until all ingredients are well coated with the sauce.
- Optional: If you prefer a spicier kick, add sriracha, chili paste, or chili flakes to taste.
- Serve the Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce either hot or cold, depending on your preference.
- Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Double the peanut sauce for meal prep to keep it flavorful and creamy throughout the week.
- Use runny, natural peanut butter made from just peanuts. Add a little more water if it’s too thick for easy mixing into the salad.
- Slice the vegetables into small pieces for even distribution in the salad.
- Consider spiralizing the cucumber and using a peeler for the carrots to create noodle-like shapes.
- Customize the salad by adding your favorite veggies, such as edamame beans or broccoli.
- Use toasted sesame seeds for enhanced flavor instead of raw sesame seeds.
- If you only have raw sesame seeds, lightly toast them before adding them to the salad.
- Try this dish the next time you want to make something different from the regular dish for your family.
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving of Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce):
- Calories: 170
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Net Carbohydrates: 27g
- Total Fat: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Packed with plant-based goodness.
- Soba noodles provide a gluten-free option.
- It is a Good source of protein, and fiber, with various vitamins and minerals.
- Colorful veggies add essential nutrients.
- It is Rich in vitamins C & A, with antioxidants.
- Peanut sauce offers healthy fats and protein.
- Natural peanut butter provides nutritious fats.
- Fresh lime juice and ginger add a burst of flavor.
FAQs: Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
NICE TO MEET YOU!
Welcome! I’m Sumi, and I have a love for FOOD. Here, we’re all almost the pleasure of homemade delicious recipes.
Have you tried out one of my recipes? Share your culinary creations with us by tagging @eatfreshs on Instagram – I’d love to see your delicious dishes and connect with enthusiasts like you!