Table of Contents
What is so special about the Thai Salad Dressing Recipe?
Thai salad dressing Ingredients
Mixed Greens Ingredients
Thai Salad Dressing Ingredients
How to Make Thai Salad Dressing Recipe
The foremost thing to do to make the Thai salad dressing is to prepare the dressing base. For that, in a mixing bowl, add lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, grated ginger, sesame oil, and chopped cilantro. Add red pepper flakes or chopped fresh chili according to your taste. Mix them thoroughly until the mixture is well combined. Add lime juice for the extra tanginess and fish sauce for the saltiness. I am sure this step will allow you to prepare the dressing precisely to your liking. Add additional chopped cilantro to add freshness and aroma. Lastly, drizzle the Thai dressing over the Thai salad (mixed greens) evenly, and voila! Your Thai salad dressing recipe is ready to serve and eat.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Ingredients: The use of fresh lime juice and good-quality fish sauce can do wonders. The use of fresh ingredients can add flavor to a dish and make it more tangy and juicy.
- Balance Flavors: This recipe is perfect because of its taste and flavors, which are sweet, sour, salty, and spicy. Adjust the quantities per your taste for that balance, which is the key factor in the recipe.
- Choice of Sugar: You have options for the sugar of your choice; it could be palm sugar, brown sugar, or even honey. However, you can adjust the amount as per your liking for sweetness.
- Choice of Fish Sauce: You can use various types of fish sauce from the store. Take care that the saltiness can differ; therefore, adjust the quantity as per your taste.
- Nutrition: This salad is delicious and nutritious, packed with antioxidants and phytochemicals. The combination of greens in the salad and the Thai dressing gives an awesome taste, which can be an idle salad recipe.
Thai Salad Dressing Recipe
- Place the salad ingredients, including finely shredded Savoy cabbage, red cabbage, shredded carrot, sliced pea pods, julienned yellow bell pepper, slivers of red onion, hot pepper slices (e.g., red jalapeño), snipped cilantro, and mint leaves, in a large bowl. Adjust the quantities to suit your taste.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients: fish sauce, fresh lime juice, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, crushed garlic, and grated fresh ginger. Taste the dressing and adjust the flavors if needed.
- Gently toss the salad with the prepared dressing. Start with a portion of the dressing and add more as needed to achieve your desired flavor. Ensure that the dressing is evenly distributed throughout the salad.
- Transfer the dressed Thai salad to a serving platter or bowl, creating a vibrant display.
- Sprinkle roasted peanuts on top of the salad for a satisfying crunch.
- Garnish the salad with additional fresh cilantro and mint leaves for added freshness.
- Serve your Thai salad with lime wedges on the side for a zesty touch
To make this delightful dressing, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce.
- 1/2 cup neutral oil, such as extra light-tasting olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed from 2 limes.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional, for added sweetness).
This Thai salad dressing combines savory, nutty, tangy, and sweet elements, creating a symphony of flavors that elevate your salad to an authentic Thai culinary experience.
NICE TO MEET YOU!
I’m Sumi and I ♡ FOOD. I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job.
Did you make a recipe? Tag @eatfreshs on Instagram so we can find you!