This is the Philly Cheesesteak, in case you were wondering. It’s a sandwich with cheese, onions, and a slice of ribeye steak. East Coast residents love this traditional recipe for the widely consumed American roll, which is made with just three ingredients. But there are a lot of variations to this recipe; for instance, the West Coast adds bell peppers and mushrooms to give it a unique twist. Just remember, for a genuine Philly Cheesesteak, there will always be a steak, onion, and cheese on a roll.
Table of Contents
What is so special about the Philly Fresh Cheesesteaks Recipe?
Are you aware of the origins of Philly Fresh Cheesesteaks? The name “Philly” originates from Philadelphia, and therefore Americans love this locally authentic dish. Taste and simplicity are two of the many things about the dish that set it apart. The process of making the rolls doesn’t require any rocket science. This could be the ultimate game for you, where you can cook fresh Philly Cheesesteaks in less than thirty minutes. Moreover, you can serve these cheesesteaks rolls anytime during the day. No doubt, it is an ideal treat for any occasion.
How to Make Philly Fresh Cheesesteaks Recipe
Are you ready to give your kids a perfect treat at home? If yes! Let us cook Philly Fresh Cheesesteaks rolls/sandwiches. They are yummy and can be quickly made, which does not take hours—less than 30 minutes. So to make them, toast hoagie rolls and set them aside. Then, sauté the onions and peppers in the butter until they are tender and slightly brown. After these, sauté thin ribeye slices in the same skillet. When the ribeye slices become tender, add the veggies and stir. Top with cheese to melt and assemble the filling into rolls. Serve fresh and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Homemade: This is a fresh, homemade recipe. With just three ingredients—cheese, onions, and steak—along with a roll, you can prepare them in your kitchen.
- Layering: Layering is done by stuffing the toasted hoagie rolls with cheese and meat.
- Vegetables: Onions and bell peppers are sauteed and used as toppings on top of meat. There are other topping options, like mushrooms, that can be added according to your taste buds.
- Fresh Ingredients: You can prepare meals with all of the fresh ingredients and serve them hot to your family, including your kids.
- Seasoning: Keep the seasoning simple with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Avoid overseasoning to keep the flavor of the beef.
Philly Fresh Cheesesteaks
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES || COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES | COURSE: MAIN COURSE || CUISINE: AMERICAN
This Philly Fresh Cheesesteaks Recipe is the perfect meal for you on busy weekdays. Here’s the basic recipe to make them.
NICE TO MEET YOU!
I’m Sumi and I ♡ FOOD. I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job.
Did you make a recipe? Tag @eatfreshs on Instagram so we can find you!