Are you looking for breakfast recipes that are quick, easy, and tasty? If yes, then you are on the right page where you will get the best breakfast recipe. I am talking about cinnamon French toast, where you just need sliced bread, eggs, milk, or cream. Of course, a pinch of cinnamon, if you want the flavor, can be served with butter, fruits, or syrup. Scroll below for more information.
How To Make Quick Light Cinnamon French Toast
If you are wondering if you require special culinary skills to make this recipe, you are wrong. It is not rocket science; even amateurs can do it. Just three ingredients and instructions are all you need. Once you try it, you will make it again and again. Further, you can customize the recipe according to your taste.
Cinnamon French Toast Ingredients
The following ingredients are required to prepare Quick Light Cinnamon French Toast:
- Whisk the Egg Mixture: In a shallow mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them thoroughly until the yolks and whites are fully combined. For a lighter version, you can opt for using only egg whites. Next, add a pinch of ground cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract to the egg mixture, giving it a fragrant and flavorful twist.
- Combine with Milk: Gradually pour in the low-fat milk or almond milk (affiliate link) into the egg mixture while continuing to whisk. The milk not only adds a creamy texture but also lightens the overall dish. The quantity of milk can be adjusted according to your preferred consistency—more milk for a softer French toast and less for a firmer one.
- Dip the Bread: Preheat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Take a slice of whole-grain bread (or white bread) and dip it into the prepared egg and milk mixture, ensuring both sides are evenly coated. Allow the excess liquid to drip off to avoid soggy French toast.
- Cook on the Griddle: Place the dipped bread slice on the preheated griddle and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. The non-stick surface ensures that you can minimize the use of butter or oil, making this recipe even lighter and healthier.
- Serve: Once the Quick Light Cinnamon French Toast slices are cooked to perfection, transfer them to a plate. Drizzle maple syrup or honey over the top for a naturally sweet touch. For added freshness and a burst of color, consider topping the French toast with a handful of fresh berries or sliced bananas.
- Quick Soak: Dip the bread into the egg mixture for just a few seconds on each side. If needed, gently push the bread down into the mixture to ensure even soaking.
- Egg Mixture Ratio: To make enough egg mixture for 6 standard slices of bread, use 3 large eggs and approximately 1/4 cup of milk.
- Make Ahead: Prepare French toast in advance by cooking it and arranging the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour, then transfer the French toast to freezer bags. It can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
- Customize with Cinnamon Sugar: For an extra burst of sweetness, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the French toast before serving. Simply combine a tablespoon of granulated sugar with a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Lighten the dish: For a lighter version, use 2 large eggs and 2 large egg whites in the egg mixture.
- Adjust Milk Quantity: Gradually pour the low-fat milk or almond milk into the egg mixture while whisking to achieve your preferred consistency. More milk can be used for a softer French toast and less for a firmer texture.
- Opt for Whole-Grain or White Bread: Both whole-grain and white bread work well for this recipe, so choose your preferred option.
- Optional Nutmeg: Add a dash of nutmeg to the egg mixture for a subtle and aromatic flavor.
- Serve Creatively: Drizzle maple syrup or honey over the cooked French toast for a natural sweetener. For a refreshing touch, consider topping the French toast with fresh berries or sliced bananas.
Please note that these nutrition facts are calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. The actual values may vary based on specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
- Nutrient-Rich: With eggs and milk as primary ingredients, it provides essential nutrients like protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Whole-Grain Option: Opting for whole-grain bread adds dietary fiber, promoting digestive health and providing a sense of fullness.
- Low-Fat Version: Using egg whites and low-fat milk (affiliate link) reduces saturated fat content, making it a lighter option for those watching their fat intake.
- Cinnamon’s Health Perks: Ground cinnamon adds flavor and may have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Versatile Fruit Toppings: Fresh fruits like berries or bananas contribute vitamins, fiber, and natural sweetness.
- Customizable Sweetness: Controlling the amount of added maple syrup or honey allows for better sugar moderation.
- Make-Ahead and Freeze: Preparing in advance and freezing offers a convenient and portion-controlled breakfast option.
- Balanced Breakfast: The combination of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats makes it a well-rounded meal to start the day.
Enjoy your Quick Light Cinnamon French Toast to make your breakfast choice delightful and easy! It’s a treat for your children because they can eat it with sausage, prosciutto, cheese, or jam. In addition, there are many variations you can give to this recipe. It is up to your choice and mood. For instance, you don’t have to dip the bread in the eggs if you want it vegan. Orange juice or wine can be used. Now that you know everything, try making the recipe at home!
Frequently Asked Questions
NICE TO MEET YOU!
Welcome! I’m Sumi, and I have a love for FOOD. Here, we’re all almost the pleasure of homemade delicious recipes.
Have you tried out one of my recipes? Share your culinary creations with us by tagging @eatfreshs on Instagram – I’d love to see your delicious dishes and connect with enthusiasts like you!