Ever since I came to America, I have seen people here eating chili cheese fries every day. So, I have decided to taste it, and believe me, it is yummy and delicious. To be healthier, I have started making them at home and the recipe turned out to be super successful. Here, I have mentioned the instructions and ingredients below. These fries can be an alternative to an easy appetizer for kids, as they will love chili cheese fries. Moreover, these are crispy and homemade; try them with flavorful toppings and seasonings.
What is so special about Chili Cheese Fries Recipe?
The Chili cheese fries are perfect for a barbecue, a party, or a late movie night. Loaded with cheesy sauce, it is an ultimate treat for any event or occasion. It is homemade and tasty with a total cooking time of 1 hour and 30 minutes. You can have them every day but it is advised to have them in moderation. The calorie and nutrition facts are mentioned below to give you a better idea.
Chili Cheese Fries Recipe Ingredients
How to Make Chili Cheese Fries
Are you ready to make chili cheese fries at home? If yes! Let’s cook! This recipe is really yummy and full of flavour. If you watch the video, the recipe will take 1 hour and 30 minutes. In simple words, I used the ground beef until it turned brown in a skillet pan along with onions, garlic, tomato paste, kidney beans, and seasonings. I allowed it to simmer for 15 -20 minutes so that the flavours could fuse with each other. Then I made cheese sauce with flour, butter, and cream, and at the end, I poured the chili and cheese sauce on the baked fries for an authentic taste. You can swap the beef for pork, ground turkey, or chicken too. There are plenty of alternatives for this recipe mentioned below.
Read More – Quick And Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Homemade: The most important thing about making these chili cheese fries is that they are easy to make and homemade.
- Toppings: You can use your own choice of toppings, from chopped green onions, jalapenos, or even salsa.
- Alternatives: You can substitute the beef with ground turkey, pork, or even chicken to make it more flavorful and healthy.
- Fresh Ingredients: You can keep all the ingredients fresh and serve them to your family members.
- Moderation: The key is that chili cheese fries should be taken in moderation as a part of healthy eating. As excess of everything is bad, eating an excess of chile cheese fries can be harmful and can lead to weight gain and high sugar spikes.
Chili Cheese Fries Recipe
PREP TIME : 30MINUTES || COOK TIME : 1HOUR 30MINUTES || COURSE : APPETIZER, MAIN COURSE || CUISINE : AMERICAN
For the Chili
For The Cheese Sauce
For The Toppings
Baking of Fries
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut the potatoes and toss them with the olive oil and salt. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the potatoes on them evenly. Then bake them for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway, to ensure even baking until they turn golden.
Preparation of Chili
- Take a skillet pan, heat it over medium heat, and cook the ground beef until it turns brown. Add garlic and onions. They should be cooked well; it is best to see that the onions turn translucent.
- Next, mix the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir it well for 15 minutes so that the flavors can easily mix together. It is to be noted that the seasonings added can be adjusted as per taste.
Preparation of Cheese Sauce
- Now prepare the cheese sauce in a saucepan by melting butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until it turns a light brown color. Add the remaining spices, which are onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Pour the heavy cream into the cheese sauce and whisk it properly until the mixture is fully melted, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Once the fries are done, transfer them to the serving platter and scoop the prepared chili on them along with the cheese sauce on top. Your yummy, tasty chili cheese fries recipe is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions
NICE TO MEET YOU!
Welcome! I’m Sumi, and I have a love for FOOD. Here, we’re all almost the pleasure of homemade delicious recipes.
Have you tried out one of my recipes? Share your culinary creations with us by tagging @eatfreshs on Instagram – I’d love to see your delicious dishes and connect with enthusiasts like you!